Take your learning to the next level by joining a medical internship abroad with us. We offer ethical programs, and you can choose which country you’d like to work in.
On a medical volunteer program with us, you can expect to:
- Learn from local doctors, nurses, and professional healthcare workers
- Participate in healthcare outreaches
- Experience a healthcare system that is different to your home country
- Learn about global healthcare issues
- Meet interns from all over the world
- Boost your resume with real-world medical work experience
- Learn important medical skills, like checking vital signs or blood pressure
We have a number of programs available. We offer:
- Pre-medical internships for undergraduate students working on medical school applications
- Practicums for medical students
- Medical internships for high school students ages 15-18
Our programs are flexible and we have professional in-country staff available to support you whenever you need it.
Choose a Medical Project
1-3 of 28 Projects
Medical Internship in PeruSee this project
- Completely flexible dates
- Anyone aged 18 or over can join
- From 4 weeks
- From $3,460 USD
Medical Internship in Peru for TeenagersSee this project
- Fixed dates during school break
- This project is only for 15-18 year olds
- From 2 weeks
- From $3,005 USD
Summer Medical Internships
Our flexibility means we can help you plan a summer medical internship for periods as short as one week. Your summer internship will be filled with opportunities to learn, observe, and add clinical experience to your resume.
We understand how busy life can be as a medical student, that’s why our medical volunteer programs allow you to choose:
- Start dates
- End dates
- A placement and country that interests you
Chat with our project experts about how we can make your medical internship abroad worthwhile.
What will I gain from a medical internship abroad?
On your trip, you’ll gain skills that will prepare you for the next stage of your education and career. Expect to:
- Enhance your global competencies like teamwork, communication, leadership, resilience, organizing, planning, and time management
- Gain more in-depth medical work experience than you might get in your home country. Concerned about how much you can benefit from your project if you don’t have previous medical experience? Read our blog about volunteering abroad without experience
- Develop the ability to work and empathize with people of different cultures and backgrounds, helping to develop a global mindset
- Boost your confidence from pushing past your comfort zone
- Gain clinical experience by taking part in hospital volunteering, clinic, or outreach volunteer activities
Medical volunteering will enhance your resume and your personal development.
How are our Medicine and Healthcare Internships different?
At Projects Abroad, our first aim is to benefit the communities we work in. You can be assured that your medical internship is ethical, well supported, and part of a better future. Here are just a few elements of our work that set it apart from other internships:
Recording our work in a secure database
We created a Global Impact Database so we can track the positive impact our programs have, including our medical projects. This is a secure and anonymous database that we use to identify specific areas of need. It allows us to use data to shape medical outreaches and health awareness programs. We can also monitor individuals we see often, report our results, and collect data for research. All of this work is guided by our Management Plans.
Real work with trained professionals
On our medicine and healthcare placements, you’ll work alongside real healthcare professionals. You can observe them in their everyday work, ask questions and hear more about their experiences. You’re likely to get more insights into the frontline of medical care than in your home country.
A tailored approach
We are often able to tailor a medical internship to your interests. You can work in more than one department or focus on one particular area, or experience outreach work in the local community.
Not quite what you're looking for?
Take a look at the following pages where you'll find collections of similar projects: