Take part in archeological field work and document history as a volunteer on an Archaeology Project with us. Some of the activities you do can include:
- Restoration work
- Excavation trips
- Writing reports
- Drawing maps
- Keeping field documents
Understanding the past teaches us about our present and our future. On an archaeological volunteering program you’ll use your own hands to unearth clues about human behavior in the past. You’ll also be involved with protecting important sites, like our Inca archaeological site in Peru.
If you’re wondering about what skills you need to be an archaeologist in the future, we highly recommend getting as much hands-on experience as possible! With us, you can:
- Connect with professional archeologists and work alongside them
- Get the skills and experiences you need to understand what archaeology really involves on the ground
- Boost your resume with practical experience abroad
We also welcome qualified archaeologists, as well as anyone who wants to get a feel for the work.
Choose an Archaeology Project
1-3 of 4 Projects
Archaeology Volunteering in Peru for TeenagersSee this project
- Fixed dates during school break
- This project is only for 15-18 year olds
- From 2 weeks
- From $3,105 USD
Incan and Wari Archaeology Volunteering in PeruSee this project
- Completely flexible dates
- Anyone aged 16 or over can join
- From 1 week
- From $2,520 USD
What are the benefits of an archaeological trip?
You can take part in one of our archaeology volunteer opportunities to get the skills you need to fulfill your dreams, and give back.
Here are just some of the benefits that our previous volunteers talk about:
- Skills like teamwork, communication, leadership, resilience, organizing, planning, and time management
- Support and contact with professional archeologists.
- Experience in hands-on archeological field work.
- Developing a global mindset, from working and empathizing with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Confidence from challenging yourself outside of your comfort zone
These benefits will give your resume the edge it needs in future applications and will add to your personal development. You’ll also leave with new skills and a new appreciation for the past and its influence on our future!
Why does this program matter?
Geology, history, art, and engineering all come together to help us understand the past better. You’ll help us uncover ancient civilizations as you map and document your findings during archaeological expeditions. Generations of future archaeologists and historians may rely on your contribution to the project.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Take a look at the following pages where you'll find collections of similar projects: