Choose a Sports Project
1-3 of 20 Projects
Take a Gap Semester Abroad in South AmericaSee this project
- Fixed dates throughout the year
- Anyone aged 18-22 can join
- From 10 weeks
- From $8,495 USD
Volunteer as a Sports Coach in Costa RicaSee this project
- Completely flexible dates
- Anyone aged 18 or over can join
- From 2 weeks
- From $2,600 USD
What will I gain from sports coaching abroad?
By teaching sport abroad as a volunteer, you’ll give back to a community that needs help while developing your own skills.
Here are just some of the benefits that our previous volunteers talk about:
- Soft skills like teamwork, communication, leadership, resilience, organizing, planning, and time management.
- Teaching and coaching experience.
- The ability to work and empathize with people of different cultures and backgrounds, helping to develop a ‘global mindset’.
- Confidence from pushing past your comfort zone.
All of the above will enhance your resume, college applications, and your personal development.
Why does teaching sport abroad matter?
These projects are about more than simply developing the sport itself. They are about giving the children you work with a better present, and the chance of a better future. This comes both from playing directly and also from values that are developed through sport, like teamwork, discipline and a sense of fair play.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Take a look at the following pages where you'll find collections of similar projects: