We’ll work with you to create a custom schedule that fits the unique needs of your group. Before your trip, our experienced staff will walk you through the details, including fundraising, planning, pre-departure, and what to expect.We can even meet with your group (in person, or virtually) to discuss everything you need to know. Our full-time local staff will then be with you on the ground from when you arrive at the airport until you leave at the end of your trip. They’ll provide assistance, answer questions and make sure that everything runs smoothly.
Whether you’re a family or a group of friends, a teacher looking to organize a school trip abroad, or a company looking for a more meaningful, team-building trip, our dedicated team will work with you to plan your perfect overseas experience. It doesn’t matter whether you join the project for a week, a month or even longer, the work that your group does will make a difference, because it’s all part of a bigger picture. Get in touch with Projects Abroad to find the project and destination that is best for you.
Why Organize a Group Trip Through Projects Abroad?
- We offer great flexibility and variety, and our projects run year-round. This means you can choose your start date and project duration.
- Projects Abroad offers a wide range of programs, including Childcare, Building, Social Work, Healthcare, Conservation, Sports, and more.
- Each Group Trip is catered to your needs and interests. When you book, you can let us know if you have any special requests, and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
- Our projects can be tailored to your curriculum, so whether you’re looking to cover a specific biology topic or you have a checklist that needs to be completed for college credits, we'll work with you and your educational advisor to accommodate this.
- We have dedicated support staff in each country to ensure a smooth and professional experience. They're available 24/7 to assist you with anything you might need, and they’ll be there to give you a comprehensive induction and orientation.
- Before you go, our staff can meet with your group (virtually or in person) so that everyone is prepared and ready for their trip. This is the perfect time to get fundraising advice, ask questions and customize your schedule.
- We can provide any health & safety, curricular or support documentation that you need, as well as advice on fundraising, visas, and even help booking flights.
- The price of your Group Trip covers food, water, accommodation, airport transfers, transport to and from your placement, project materials, staff support, cultural tours, and weekend excursions.
- In your time off on weekends, we'll organize exciting activities and trips so that you can all make the most of your time in-country.
Types of Groups
Over the last decade, we’ve organized group volunteer opportunities abroad for people from various backgrounds and institutions around the world. Whether it's school expeditions, companies rewarding their employees, or families looking to give something back on their next holiday, we’ve worked with them all. As Projects Abroad is a global organization, these groups aren’t just from the US. In recent years we have worked with many groups from Australia, Canada, Europe, China, the UAE, and Japan.
Since 2011, these have included over 150 high school and junior high volunteer trips, over 100 university trips, various scout volunteer groups, corporate trips for global companies, and a wide variety of family trips from around the world.
Each type of group is unique in its own way and will therefore come with differing needs and levels of customization. If you know what type of group yours will be and you want to find out more about how we can tailor a trip for you, please click on the appropriate link below to find out more.
High School & Junior High Groups
High school and junior high group trips are designed around your curriculum to provide your students with a challenging, worthwhile, and eye-opening experience overseas. We believe that we can provide the best group volunteer abroad programs for students.
Whether it’s to give something back, learn new skills, explore a new part of the world, or gain practical work experience for your degree, we’ll make sure you have the best experience when you volunteer abroad. University students can feel relaxed knowing that we will organize everything for them.
Club & Organization Groups
Whether you’re a Scouts volunteer, a Church youth leader, a Future Farmer, or student government officer, we’ll organize a trip that is perfect for your group and provides everything you need to enable your group to give back and grow as individuals.
Our corporate volunteer programs are designed to give you and your colleagues a unique bonding experience helping people and communities in need, all in the comfort of knowing that Projects Abroad will take care of everything so that you can continue with your work. This is the perfect opportunity to reach your Corporate Social Responsibility goals and perhaps even reward your employees with a life-changing experience.
Group Case Studies
Year after year, we send volunteer groups from all walks of life to experience unique and customized, overseas mission trips. Many groups and schools book multiple trips every year. We work tirelessly to make sure that we offer the best group volunteer opportunities abroad, but don’t just take our word for it!
Have a read through group reviews and testimonials below to find out what others think. See what they experienced, what work they completed, and what suggestions they have for you and your group when deciding on your volunteer project overseas.
- Vicki, Warwickshire Girl Guides leader (Trip to Mongolia)
- Raphael, student at the Jewish Free School (Trip to Costa Rica)
- Ryan, student at Methodist College (Trip to Tanzania)
- Sarah, student at Grangemouth High School (Trip to Ghana)
- Norma, student at St Anne's Catholic High School (Trip to Costa Rica)
- Amy, Anglia Girl Guide (Trip to Nepal)
If you’d like to speak to one of the teachers or group leaders, please contact us. We’ll be more than happy to connect you with someone who has not only been abroad with us, but also has experienced the project that you’re interested in!
What do others say?
“Taricaya the reserve was great as was the entire project, all the students experienced all elements of the itinerary as promised! They are a phenomenal team with such a clear aim and cause being promoted for indigenous wildlife and in situ conservation. The project was well organised and had a good flow as all of our students were constantly occupied either conducting surveys, caring for the animals in the rehabilitation reserve or being lectured on conservation methods. The staff are incredible and accommodating. We were thrilled with it all and cannot wait to return to the Peruvian rainforest! Such a great, great experience!”
Evangelos Achilleos, Capel Manor College Group Leader
“Despite having to use all of our strength and stamina, we were having an amazing time; it was so fun to do something so different. While sometimes we were homesick, overwhelmed or tired, the thing that I will remember is how brilliant this whole experience was. This has been a trip which shall be unforgettable for all of us. All of us left Ghana having changed slightly as people, becoming more grateful, social, accepting and understanding than before.”
Katherine, Ella, Gracie, Reyna, Maya, Lauren, Emma, Katie, Duston Rangers
“This trip was like none I’d ever done before. We travelled all the way to Asia, met up with Latymer Upper School from England, learnt some Nepali and got to work in a placement of our choice. These placements linked to the UN's three Sustainable Development Goals of No Poverty, Good Health and Wellbeing and Quality Education. Nepal is full of loving people, people that have struggled all their life and people who are working to help their country improve and achieve these goals. The next time this trip will be run is 2020. This was an amazing experience and I hope everyone will consider going on this trip in the future.”
Irene & Lauren, Students of Holy Trinity School, Ontario, Canada