Give your children a greater appreciation for travel and helping others or protecting the environment on a family volunteer trip to a developing country. As a parent, you only have a few short years to shape your family’s outlook on the world. Use this time to go abroad and experience the power of giving back as a family.
As a family volunteering abroad, you’ll become part of our ongoing efforts to make a difference. Whatever project you do, you’ll be working with us toward our long-term, sustainable goals. You won’t be part of a quick fix.
This is an opportunity for your family to build meaningful connections, with each other and the local community. You’ll work directly with our in-country staff and our partner organisations on the ground. It’s a great way to experience the culture and learn about the traditions first-hand.
With our hassle-free approach, we’ll focus on the finer details of planning a trip abroad. This gives you more time to focus on your family and the work you’ll do.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We’d be happy to talk about creating a custom project for you and your family. Most of our staff have been volunteers themselves, so they’re ready to answer your questions, big or small.
to start planning your project
How will my family be supported?
With dedicated in-country staff around the world, we can provide your family with a hassle-free experience. We provide:
- Visa advice
- Three meals a day
- Project activities
- In-country airport pick-ups and drop-offs
- Ground transportation to and from your project
- Health and travel insurance
We will also support families with children of various ages:
- We can accept volunteers aged four years and older with their families. Contact us if your child will be under the age of four at the time you want to travel and we can discuss the options available.
- Ages 4-14: Children between 4-14 years old can be accommodated and work with their parent(s) for a reduced fee.
- Ages 15+: If your child is aged 15 or older, he/she may volunteer without the accompaniment of a parent at the standard per person price.
- We offer a 5% discount to immediate family members traveling together. This discount applies to adults and children aged 15+.
- We can usually arrange projects for families in all destinations except China and Costa Rica.
- In Jamaica, families are welcome. However, children cannot go to work with their parents here, so one parent needs to look after the children, or childcare can be arranged.