With a Projects Abroad Physical Therapy Internship Abroad, you’ll get the clinical experience you need to drive your studies or career further. Our programs are a great fit for all levels; whether you want a physical therapy internship for high school students, or a physical therapy internship for undergraduates.
This is what you can expect from our safe and flexible Physical Therapy Internships:
- Shadow qualified and experienced physical therapists first-hand
- Learn methods of treatment that may be different to your home country
- Work in a diverse range of environments, like hospitals, clinics, and care centers for children, the elderly, or those with special needs
- Observe how to treat patients with various medical conditions, from cerebral palsy to strokes
- Get first-hand insight into the relationship between patients and physical therapists
- Learn how to adapt to working in low-resource environments with limited equipment available
Today, this kind of global experience and flexibility gives your resume an edge over the competition. When you apply to a university or post-graduate program, a physical therapy internship gives you lots to talk about in applications and interviews! It also demonstrates your commitment to helping others, as we frequently do community healthcare outreaches.
Choose a Physical Therapy Program
1-3 of 8 Projects
Physiotherapy Internship in GhanaSee this project
- Completely flexible dates
- Anyone aged 16 or over can join
- From 2 weeks
- From $2,800 USD
Physiotherapy Internship in MexicoSee this project
- Completely flexible dates
- Anyone aged 18 or over can join
- From 1 week
- From $2,470 USD
This internship has helped me prepare for graduate school and my future career as a Physiotherapist. Every day I leave work with both a sense of accomplishment and a desire to learn more the next day. The hands-on experience in this field is invaluable and being able to observe patients improving is as gratifying as it can get.
Physical Therapy Internship in Vietnam
I found Projects Abroad where I could observe physiotherapy, travel to a new country, and give back to those in need. After much research, Ghana seemed like the right fit for me.
Physiotherapy Internship in Ghana
I would work with the patients on stretching, strengthening, balance as well as gait training. Some of the patients were inpatients and I was able to see them every day, which gave me the opportunity to observe their progress.
Physiotherapy Internship in Nepal
Summer Physical Therapy Internships
All of our Physical Therapy Summer Internships run during the months of June, July, and August. Better yet, our Physical Therapy Flexi Trips run throughout the year, so you can join outside of the busier summer months.
If you want physical therapy summer programs for high school students, we highly recommend our projects in Nepal. These trips are designed for students ages 15-18, and offer a safe, guided introduction to the field of physical therapy over set dates.
For students ages 19 and up, we recommend our Flexi Trips, which are the ideal summer physical therapy internships for undergraduates. On these trips, you choose your own dates, and the experience can be tailored to your requirements. This summer, you could find yourself observing patient rehabilitation at a hospital in Mexico, or learn about the effects of Agent Orange on patients in Vietnam.
What are the benefits of a Physical Therapy Internship?
Our Physical Therapy Internships provide you with the relevant skills and experience to prepare you for the next stage of your studies or career. These international internships also give you a unique talking point during interviews.
Here are just some of the benefits of these internships:
- Experience with diseases and conditions less common in your home country
- Global competencies like teamwork, communication, leadership, resilience, organizing, planning, and time management
- An in-depth work experience you might not be able to receive in your home country
- Developing a global mindset from working and empathizing with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Confidence from challenging yourself outside of your comfort zone
These benefits will enhance your resume, strengthen your future applications, and help you develop personally.
Why does this internship matter?
This experience will bring you closer to a future working in your chosen field. We’re proud to support future talent who will bring vital skills to communities in need.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Take a look at the following pages where you'll find collections of similar projects: