Volunteer Coordinator - Nepal
Vacancy for: Volunteer Coordinator
Based: Chitwan and Kathmandu
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world.
Our fundamental mission is to provide support to critical areas and promote a cultural exchange that will benefit both our volunteers and the communities in which they work.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We are looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to support our staff teams in Chitwan and Kathmandu for at least 1 year.
Duties and responsibilities of the role
- Working alongside our team of local staff, you will be responsible for making each new volunteer feel welcome and secure in their new environment.
- You will help maintain effective communication between the Chitwan and Kathmandu offices, the volunteers and the UK office.
- You will assist in checking work and accommodation arrangements for volunteers before they arrive in Nepal.
- You will conduct inductions with new volunteers to introduce them to their host families and project colleagues and explain formalities of living and volunteering abroad.
- You will ensure that volunteer issues and concerns are dealt with efficiently
- You will help develop projects with the Country Director's guidance
- The job is busy, can involve some out-of-office hours work and can be physically demanding.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Computer literate, (Microsoft Office, databases)
- Mature and independent in attitude, must cope well with being alone
- Able to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- Physically fit
- Enthusiastic to work in a different culture and relish the opportunity to work in a challenging environment
The successful candidates will be employed on a one year contract, subject to a three-month probationary period.
An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references, a criminal record check and a successful personal interview.
Salary and Benefits
Projects Abroad pays a good local salary, international flights, comprehensive travel and health insurance, a single room in shared accommodation and food allowance, as well as agreed day-to-day work-related expenses.
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteer organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually, we send over 10,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We promote volunteering opportunities through our websites, social media accounts and events.