Care in Bolivia followed by Teaching in Peru
Help out on one of our unique Equine Therapy, Canine Therapy, or child Care programs in Cochabamba, Bolivia. Then travel overland or by plane to Peru to teach English in Cusco.
When to go:
March to April is ideal- after the rainy season, and before winter so it is still warm.
4 weeks on each project.
Spend 4 weeks working on one of our exceptional and worthwhile Care programs in Cochabamba, Bolivia. You can volunteer with disadvantaged individuals at:
- centers for children or adults with special needs
- day care centers
- rehabilitation centers
- centers for street children
- homes for the elderly
At one of these placements, you will work with local staff to provide sustainable educational support as well as care and protection to vulnerable groups.
Alternatively, you could spend your 4 weeks helping disadvantaged children or those with special needs do a rehabilitation program that focuses on working with dogs or horses, on our Canine Therapy or Equine therapy program.
- Canine Therapy Project: This project focuses on working closely with trained dogs to conduct specialized therapy sessions with local children of all ages (but does require volunteers speak basic Spanish)
- Equine Therapy Project: This project combines elements of both our Care work and Animal Care projects, as it focuses on aiding the recovery of children with disabilities through work with horses
You can fly or travel overland on the Pan-American highway between the university town of Cochabamba and your placement in Cusco.
Our Peru Teaching placements are based in Cusco. You will work from a syllabus designed to be relevant to students in this area. We have an official agreement with the Ministry of Education to improve English teaching in this region, so dedicated and hard-working volunteers are welcome.
Some of the resources available for volunteers are:
- Worksheets and teaching resources
- A full history of what has been taught previously
- Tips from past volunteers
Depending on your interests and skills, you may also be able to teach other subjects such as physical education. On weekends, volunteers will have the opportunity to explore the Sacred Valley and its various small towns and Incan ruins, while also being in a great location to access the ancient city of Machu Picchu.
Additional costs include flights and visas where applicable. Read more about what's included on our Prices page.
*Explanation of pricing: When you sign up for projects in two or more countries, you will get 10% off each program fee (except for Language Courses and Add-Ons)
For more information about the pricing for this project and other combined projects, check out our combination pricing page.