Program Advisor Positions
Program Advisor is the entry-level position in the Recruitment team at Projects Abroad. We are not currently hiring for this postion, but always collect applications to work in our New York or Guadalajara (Mexico) offices for when vacancies arise.
- Promote Projects Abroad, both in-person and remotely
- Design informational materials for perspective volunteers, both in print and online.
- Advise prospective volunteers on the best countries and projects to suit their interests
- Assist upcoming volunteers prepare for the trips, and liaise with other Projects Abroad offices around the world.
- Be a university graduate – a liberal arts major is desirable.
- Be fluent in English, both spoken and written – knowledge of French or Spanish is desirable
- Have spent a significant amount of time working or traveling in a developing country – preferably doing volunteer work in one of our destination countries.
- Be creative, self-reliant and flexible. You should be prepared to work in a fun but small office environment.
- Have good phone and interpersonal skills, knowledge of MS Office programs, and well-honed writing abilities. An interest in international affairs is desirable.
- Have a driver’s license and a good driving record
- Be located in or willing to relocate to New York or Guadalajara
- Be legally eligible to work in USA or Mexico (respective of location)
Program Advisors are employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. Salaries are dependent on location and experience. Agreed day-to-day work-related expenses and employer-funded health insurance are also provided; vacation time starts at twenty days per year.
Please send your CV and a cover letter in one MS Word document to email@example.com with subject line, "Program Advisor." Strong candidates will be contacted to arrange a telephone interview and/or in-person interview. Unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted. No phone calls, please.