Program Advisor Positions
Program Advisor is the entry-level position in the Recruitment team at Projects Abroad. We are currently seeking applications for this position to work in our New York or Guadalajara (Mexico) offices.
- Promote Projects Abroad, both in-person and remotely
- Design informational materials for perspective volunteers, both in print and online.
- Advise prospective volunteers on the best countries and projects to suit their interests
- Assist upcoming volunteers prepare for the trips, and liaise with other Projects Abroad offices around the world.
- Be a university graduate – a liberal arts major is desirable.
- Be fluent in English, both spoken and written – knowledge of French or Spanish is desirable
- Have spent a significant amount of time working or traveling in a developing country – preferably doing volunteer work in one of our destination countries.
- Be creative, self-reliant and flexible. You should be prepared to work in a fun but small office environment.
- Have good phone and interpersonal skills, knowledge of MS Office programs, and well-honed writing abilities. An interest in international affairs is desirable.
- Have a driver’s license and a good driving record
- Be located in or willing to relocate to New York or Guadalajara
Program Advisors are employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. Salaries are dependent on location and experience. Agreed day-to-day work-related expenses and employer-funded health insurance are also provided; vacation time starts at twenty days per year.
Please send your CV and a cover letter in one MS Word document to email@example.com with subject line, "Program Advisor." Strong candidates will be contacted to arrange a telephone interview and/or in-person interview. Unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted. No phone calls, please.