Public Health in Belize for Teens
- Project Info
- What are High School Specials?
- Community Service Credit
- High School Specials Impact Report
- Placement location: San Pedro
- Types of placements: Community outreaches and public health campaigns
- Accommodation: Host family
- Age Requirements: 15-18 years old
- Arrival Airport: San Pedro (SPR)
- Local Languages: English, Spanish & Belizean Creole
Our Public Health High School Special in Belize is a great opportunity for any high school student with a strong interest in learning about medicine and healthcare practices abroad. You will gain a lot of practical experience, which is perfect for students planning to pursue a career in the medical field.
The program is based in San Pedro and focuses on community outreaches and raising awareness in underprivileged areas. Along with your group, you will work alongside qualified medical professionals to plan and run these outreaches and public health campaigns. The campaigns, which are a vital part of your role, will aim to raise awareness of healthcare issues, like sexual and reproductive health and HIV/AIDS.
During your two weeks in Belize, you will live with a local host family. They will welcome you into their home and teach you all about the local culture. In the evenings and over weekends, our staff will arrange social events and trips, so you can experience and explore the country fully.