Care & Community in Ghana Winter Break Trip
- Placement location: Akuapem Hills
- Types of placements: Childcare Center
- Role: Assisting local staff by organizing activities and games for the children and contributing to their general care, as well as participating in renovation activities
- Requirements: None
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Arrival Airport: Accra (ACC)
- Local Languages: English & Twi
On the Care & Community program based in Akuapem Hills, you will join a group of volunteers from around the globe and get involved in a variety of meaningful activities in a care center. For two weeks, you will spend your winter break playing with and caring for children in the mornings, and renovating and decorating the placement in the afternoons.
This project is great for volunteers of all ages and skill levels, and all we ask is that you are committed to helping the children at the placement.
By putting in a new floor or painting a mural on a neglected wall, you will be making a meaningful and lasting contribution to the placement. As a volunteer you will also be able to make the Christmas season a special time for the children at the placements where you’re working.
During your time in Ghana you will learn about another culture and become part of a close knit community. You will be hosted by a local family, which allows you to become fully immersed in the Ghanaian way of life.
Your two-week trip will be structured, with evening and weekend activities arranged by our local staff. You will spend Christmas with other volunteers and Projects Abroad staff and also celebrate the coming of the New Year together.