Travel abroad and become a source of inspiration in our Youth Development Volunteering Projects by helping shape the young minds of the 21st century.
You’ll be involved with:
- Equipping children with skills and confidence to make good decisions
- Organizing debates and other fun educational activities
- Sporting events and teaching children teamwork
Assisting with the development of these children is a good way to understand the problems they face. Our Youth Development volunteer programs abroad will give you the chance to make a long-term impact on the future of these kids. Your help will improve their confidence as you interact and learn about each other's cultures.
You’ll stay with local host families and experience what being in a new country is really like. On the days you aren’t working you can explore the city or go on guided tours. You’ll also meet volunteers and other like-minded individuals with whom you can share stories.
Choose a Youth and Community Development Project
1-2 of 2 Projects
Youth Development & Community Volunteer Work in BelizeSee this project
- Completely flexible dates
- Anyone aged 16 or over can join
- From 2 weeks
- From $3,100 USD
What will I gain from the Youth Development Project abroad?
Helping with the youth and community development project abroad gives you a great experience in social work and provides insights for a career in teaching as well. You’ll be addressing real needs in the community and contribute towards its growth. The project will also teach you the importance of nurture and motivation at a young age.
Here are just some of the benefits that our previous interns talk about:
- Soft skills like teamwork, leadership, resilience, organizing, planning, and time management
- Experience in social issues, rehabilitation and care
- The ability to work and empathize with people of different cultures and backgrounds, helping to develop a ‘global mindset’
- Confidence from pushing past your comfort zone
Why does child and youth development matter?
Youth Development is more than just helping them decide what career they want to follow when they are older. It’s about giving the children you work with a better opportunity to grow and learn outside of their education.
Youth community development projects teaches kids basic life skills such as teamwork, discipline, time management, confidence, and leadership which will help them do well later in life.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Take a look at the following pages where you'll find collections of similar projects: