Programme Advisor - Mexico
Vacancy for: Programme Advisor
Based: Guadalajara, Mexico
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the leading organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas. Annually we recruit over 10,000 enthusiastic volunteers to over 30 developing countries. We put enormous importance on the welfare of our volunteers during their time with us overseas – our global team is committed to providing our volunteers with worthwhile work and the experience of a lifetime.
Your role as Programme Advisor in the Guadalajara team:
- You will promote Projects Abroad at universities and high schools, both in-person and remotely
- You will design informational materials for perspective volunteers, both in print and online.
- You will advise prospective volunteers on the best countries and projects to suit their interests
- You will talk to potential volunteers and their parents on the phone and reply to email enquiries
You should be:
- A Mexican citizen, currently living in Guadalajara
- A University graduate
- Fluent in English and Spanish, both written and spoken (knowledge of French is desirable)
- Some experience in Sales and Marketing preferred
- An excellent communicator with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the internet).
- An enthusiastic traveller (preferably having spent some time working or volunteering in a developing country)
- Innovative and self-motivated, relishing a new challenge
- Able to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- A team player who enjoys working as part of a team
- Friendly and personable, you must respond well to others
You will be employed on a six-month contract, subject to a probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
Please send us:
A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role