Program Advisor - Hong Kong
Vacancy for: Programme Advisor
Based: Hong Kong, China
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the leading organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas. Annually we recruit over 10,000 enthusiastic volunteers to over 30 developing countries. We put enormous importance on the welfare of our volunteers during their time with us overseas – our global team is committed to providing our volunteers with worthwhile work and the experience of a lifetime.
The Program Advisor in Hong Kong is responsible for increasing the office’s revenue by answering volunteer prospects’ inquiries from Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia. It is also the job for this position to promote the organization by creating both online and offline marketing materials
- Promote Projects Abroad at universities and schools, both in-person and remotely
- Maintain the content on our website
- Write and design our print materials
- Advise prospective volunteers on the best countries and projects to suit their interests
- Assist upcoming volunteers prepare for the trips, and liaise with other Projects Abroad offices around the world.
- Be a university graduate.
- Be fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin – both spoken and written.
- Have spent a significant amount of time working or traveling in a developing country – preferably doing volunteer work in one of our destination countries.
- Have 1+ year of digital marketing experience, such as content creation or Search Engine Optimization
- Be creative, self-reliant and flexible. You should be prepared to work in a small office environment.
- Have good phone and interpersonal skills, knowledge of MS Office programs, and well-honed writing abilities.
- Have an interest in international affairs is desirable.
- Be legally eligible to work in Hong Kong
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
Please send us:
- A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
- A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role