Operations Manager - Ghana
Vacancy for: Operations Manager - Ghana
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We have projects running in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re looking for an Operations Manager to help plan, direct, support and coordinate operations of Projects Abroad Ghana.
The main objective of this position is to ensure that the projects and office at Projects Abroad Ghana are properly managed so that it is a sustainable and viable destination offering worthwhile projects for volunteers. This role will lead to busy daily schedules with regular and large numbers of emails, Skype communication, placement and team meetings.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain frequent, timely and effective communication with staff, project partners, volunteers and overseas offices
- Oversee the logistical operations of regional offices
- Ensure all relevant information sources are updated
- Plan, conduct and manage staff training requirements and workshops including temporary and contract staff
- Manage the planning, preparation, scheduling, budgeting and support of volunteers
- Contribute to Human Resources functions (including recruitment and selection and performance management) and document creation
- Contributing to and guide monthly team and partnership meetings
- Assist Country Director in representing Projects Abroad Ghana at meetings, workshops, seminars, presentations, interviews as necessary
- Standing in the position of Director in absence.
- Any other duties assigned and directed by the Country Director
- Have a University degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or any other related field
- Have at least 3 years' previous experience in a similar role
- Have proven ability to implement and manage projects
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Be computer literate
- Have excellent organisational skills, analytical problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Have the ability to take initiative, make independent judgements/decisions
- Have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Have a high standard of professionalism and work ethic
- Be respectful and tactful
- Be able to work with colleagues of different backgrounds and cultures
You will be offered a one-year contract, subject to passing a three-month probationary period.
To apply, please complete the application form and upload:
- A two-page CV clearly outlining your relevant experience to this role
- A one-page cover letter, telling us why you’re perfect for this role
Start date: As soon as possible