Volunteer Teaching in Bolivia
- Placement locations: Cochabamba
- Types of schools: Primary, Secondary, University
- Age of students: 6 – 17, adults
- Class sizes: 20 – 30, small groups at University
- Role: Teacher or teaching assistant or lecturer assistant in English or French (German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Latin and Mandarin at University on request)
- Extra-curricular roles: Dance, Music
- Accommodation: Host families
- Length of placement: From 4 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
You can work as a volunteer English teacher in Bolivia without previous experience and do not need to have a TEFL certificate or other qualification. Whether you want to volunteer abroad teaching during your gap year, career break, or as part of an extended vacation, you will have a role to play on one of our international volunteer placements.
Bolivia is one of the poorest and least developed countries in Latin America. With English being the language of much international business and commerce, students are very eager to learn. The standards of conversational English teaching are usually not high, so students are eager to develop good spoken language skills wherever possible, which is where you can help as a volunteer English teacher.
Projects Abroad works with local primary and secondary schools providing education to children from low-income families. Volunteers can help give these students a head start by teaching English at these schools. This is an opportunity for you to be as creative as possible, helping to make learning English fun and enjoyable; in exchange you will learn a great deal about Bolivian culture. Whether you are assisting a teacher, have a class of your own, or are leading extra-curricular activities, your help will be greatly appreciated by your students and colleagues.
Volunteers taking part in our teaching project in Bolivia can also choose to work at the University of San Simon in the town of Cochabamba.
If you have qualifications or experience in this field then we can make use of your skills volunteering abroad as a professional in Bolivia.