Volunteering for Consultants in Romania
This volunteer consultant project works with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Romania.
Many of the NGOs we work with have social aims and are managed by passionate individuals. However, regardless of the enthusiasm shown by many NGO managers there is sometimes a lack of business experience and contacts. Our goal is to help them combine their passion with knowledge to deliver important services to the local community.
Here you will find answers to the following questions:
How can volunteer consultants help in Romania?
As a volunteer consultant you can use your knowledge and training to help local staff. You can work on tasks such as:
- Organizing and running training workshops for local NGOs on planning, finance, marketing, sales, and restructuring of resources.
- Offering information for non-profit organizations on proposal writing and project implementation.
- Providing individual training on subjects such as public relations and business communications.
- Providing NGOs with information on modern methods of developing non-profit organizations.
- Coordinating the development of new municipality rules for interaction with NGOs in accordance with European Legislation.
- Providing lectures on the pre-accession of funds for NGOs.
The project works with various NGOs throughout Brasov. You will be working with a local staff member who will plan an itinerary with you.
What will I gain from this project?
- Gain valuable experience in developing NGOs in a foreign country.
- Be able to demonstrate tangible results at the end of your project.
- Be given full support by our local office to deliver an effective program.
You will spend time in a completely new environment, learning about a different culture and way of life. Romanians and other volunteers will want to hear about your life back home and your family and friends. We call this "cultural exchange" and we think it helps our volunteers gain a new perspective on life.
What will Projects Abroad provide?
We have over 20 years’ experience of running volunteer projects. We provide you with the following support to make sure your time in Romania is successful and enjoyable:
- Safe accommodation with a Romanian family close to your project.
- Friendly and dedicated local staff available to help 24 hours a day.
- A member of staff to meet you at the airport when you arrive.
- Medical and travel insurance.
What skills or qualifications do I need?
If you have completed at least a degree in Business Management or International Development then you are perfectly suited to this project. If you do not have a degree but at least 2 years’ of consultancy experience, you are also invited to apply for this project.
Please contact us if you think your knowledge may be useful on this project but do not have the required qualifications.