User Experience Analyst - South Africa
Vacancy for: User Experience Analyst
Based: Cape Town
How to apply: Use “apply” button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
We're looking for a User Experience Analyst to help improve the user experience and performance of our websites and other digital applications by researching and testing best practices before sharing them with colleagues in different territories. The aim of this role is to ensure that our website improvements are based on data.
Your role as User Experience Analyst will include:
- Researching User Experience best practice for websites; including reading usability studies, performing user testing, and running A/B tests
- Sharing best practice to ensure that all websites meet consistent standards and benefit from updates and improvements
- Developing ideas and strategies under the guidance of the Digital Marketing Manager to improve website performance
- Helping manage the roll-out of projects, such as redesigning and building new websites, application forms, and internal tools
Projects Abroad is a volunteer organisation recruiting young people from throughout the world, including the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 enthusiastic volunteers to 30 developing countries to teach conversational English and to gain work experience in fields such as medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world.
- Be a current resident of Cape Town
- Be entitled to work in South Africa
- Have at least two years’ proven experience working with usability testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights
- Have proven experience of managing and analysing usability test sessions
- Have some experience of Project Management
- Have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence
- Be able to work with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation
- Be a proficient English speaker
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Have great attention to detail
Preferred (but not required) qualifications:
- at least one UX certification
- a Project Management certification
This is a permanent position, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
Salary & benefits:
You will be paid a competitive salary as well as agreed day-to-day work-related expenses; the exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during the interview.
To apply, please complete the online application form and provide a two-page CV and a cover letter.