Travel Coordinator - South Africa
Vacancy for: Travel Coordinator
Based: Cape Town
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We run projects in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We are currently looking for a detail oriented, organised person with a good geography knowledge and travel experience to assist our Travel Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
-Use your own travel experience to respond to client queries and engage with clients to meet their individual travel needs
-Book flights through our Travel Agents
-Find the best flight routes and flight quotes for our clients
-Build and maintain good working relationships with foreign Travel Agents
-Answer travel related questions and queries
-Log travel arrangements from clients who decided to book their own flights
-Create and update travel invoices
-Provide personalized customer service of the highest level at all times.
-Record and log the source for each client's query, booking or contact accurately.
-Use sound judgement to manage difficult customer situations, to respond promptly to the needs of the customer.
- Cape Town residents only
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in: Travel/Tourism, Business Administration, Finance or Communications
- Exceptional customer service
- Worldwide geography knowledge & travel experience
- At least 2 years' experience in the travel sector, preferably as a travel agent
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written (other European languages advantageous)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy giving advice and clear instructions to people
- Reliable, self-reliant and flexible
- Great attention to detail
- Adept at working as part of a team
You will be employed on a 5-month contract. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
Please complete the online application form and upload a cover letter and CV in one combined file.