Short term Special Coordinator - Argentina
Vacancy for: Short Term Special Volunteer Coordinator
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Attention: we will only consider Argentina nationals or foreigns living in Cordoba, Argentina for this position.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We run projects in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
Projects Abroad Argentina is looking for Short Term Special Coordinators to supervise 2 Week Special groups during the months of June, July and August. We are looking for proactive, responsible people.
Your role as Short Term Specials Coordinator:
- Visit partner projects and hosts in advance of volunteers’ arrival to check arrangements are in place for their stay.
- Collect 2 Week Specials volunteers from International airport.
- Inductions with new volunteers to introduce them to their host family and work project and explain formalities of living and volunteering in Argentina.
- Attend meetings with other staff members to plan.
- Coordinate 2 Week and 4 Week Special groups as requested by the local coordinator or manager.
- The job is busy and can be physically demanding. You should be prepared to work flexible hours on any day, including evenings and weekends.
You should be:
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Physically fit and able to pass a medical assessment, if necessary.
- Mature in attitude and outlook.
- Able to remain calm and efficient under pressure.
- An excellent communicator with people of all ages and cultures.
- A team player who enjoys working as part of a team.
- Flexible and able to take direction and accept feedback.
- Friendly and personable with customer service skills, you must respond well to others.
- Enthusiastic to work in a different culture and relish the opportunity to work in a challenging environment.