Project Manager - Fiji
Vacancy for: Project Manager
Based: Nadi, Fiji
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
This is an internal recruitment process. Only Projects Abroad employees will be considered.
The new Project Manager will plan, direct, support and coordinate all placements and volunteers of Projects Abroad Fiji. The nature of the position entails frequent, timely and effective communication with staff, project partners, volunteers and overseas offices. Also, the Project Manager will supervise, manage and assist all project coordinators.
This role will lead to busy daily schedules with regular and large numbers of emails, Skype communication, placement and team meetings.
- Maintain contact with volunteers and Projects to ensure placements are running optimally and smoothly.
- Allocate placement and accommodation details for volunteers (including change of placements).
- Overview and key contact person for volunteer induction.
- Ensure the projects, volunteers, recruitment offices, local staff and upper management are always up-to-date with the volunteers and projects progress.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing sustainable and worthwhile projects and placements.
- Management and support of project coordinators.
- Greet each new volunteer and ensure they feel welcome and secure in their new environment.
- Ensure all problems and complaints are dealt with efficiently in combination with Project Supervisors, Country Director and other relevant staff as required in a tactfully and timely manner.
- Assist project coordinators where volunteers need extra assistance.
- Ensure all Tagos and Wiki information is kept up to date.
- Dedicate 2 days per week to the Nutrition project.
- Oversee and plan the Nutrition project schedule.
- Oversee and provide feedback to project coordinators regarding weekly workshops.
- Ensure project coordinators’ daily tasks are completed, including placement visits, completion of Feedback Forms and ODQs.
- Project visits and progress reports on a monthly basis.
- Prepare projects for future volunteers’ arrivals, by working with coordinators to ensure volunteer profiles are sent in advance.
- Meet with project supervisors to review their work, and to plan for upcoming volunteers, events and strategies (such as Management Plans and online databases).
- Contribute to and guide team and partnership meetings.
- Manage project budgets and record where being used, running balances for project coordinators and project expenses budgets.
- Liaise with the Country Director regarding expenditures, budget requests, staff performance, staff socials and improvements.
- Plan and run trainings alongside the Country Director.
- Develop capacity building for project coordinators in terms of confidence, motivation and teamwork.
- Diploma or higher education in Management or relevant field
- At least 2 years’ experience working with Projects Abroad and/or other volunteering organisations
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Proven ability to formulate and implement operational plans
- Experience in project development and management
- Proficient use of MS Office and Internet
- Excellent administrative and communication skills
- Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Team building skills
- The ability to speak another European language will be an advantage
You will be offered a one-year contract, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
To apply: please provide a two-page CV and a cover letter in one combined file.