Office Assistant - Peru
Vacancy for: Office Assistant - Peru
Based: Cuzco, Peru
How to apply: Use "Apply" button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We have projects running in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help in anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re looking for an Office Assistant to help coordinate the office administration of Projects Abroad Peru.
Duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Prepare meeting agenda and meeting minutes
- Prepare host bio data and arrange distribution with other staff (will be done with line manager)
- Inform host families before volunteers are due to arrive
- Prepare and update all allocation schedules
- Prepare and update host payment lists
- Create weekly and monthly orders for: Office stationary, Project materials and Office supplies
- Update the office boards with arrivals and placement details
- Track weekly volunteer feedback forms, scan and send to appropriate offices
- Open and close the office
- Update monthly expenses on company database system, scan and file receipts
- Create Immigration letters and file relevant documents and receipts
- Attain quotes for any project or office supplies
- Keep record of payments due each month
- Supervise the cleaning and maintenance of the office
- Responsible for the office notice board
- Confirm, create and send emails and SMS volunteers regarding workshops and social events
- Assist in the organizing of workshops and social events
- Other Ad Hoc duties.
- Currently be living in Cusco (or nearby areas)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish (both spoken and written)
- Computer literacy (Microsoft)
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills, problem solving and decision making
- Experience working with culturally diverse population is ideal but not mandatory
- Basic knowledge in front office management and record keeping is beneficial
You will be offered a one-year contract, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
To apply, please complete the online application form and provide a CV and a cover letter in one Word or PDF file.
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteer organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We promote volunteering opportunities through our websites, social media accounts and events.