Nutritionist - Global
Projects Abroad is the leading volunteer organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 enthusiastic volunteers to 28 developing countries to teach conversational English and to gain work experience in the fields of medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation
The role we are currently recruiting for: Project Coordinator - Nutrition
Location: Various locations
Responsibilities and duties of the role:
To manage all operations and logistics associated with the volunteer daily routines on Nutrition Projects. Including the supervision of the volunteers, meeting the daily needs of the volunteers and organisation, monitoring and implementation of project activities.
- Organisation and supervision of our Nutrition Projects and volunteers;
- Organising public health screening, meal plans, counselling sessions and exercise plans in communities;
- Project and office administration;
- Technical training for volunteers and communities;
- Reporting and evaluating project impact;
- To ensure that all volunteers, staff and participants adhere to safe practices;
- To ensure that all project work is worthwhile and that all project participants are deployed usefully and enjoyably;
- Be responsible for the administration, maintenance and control of all project related equipment and accessories;
- Be available for emergencies or out of hours work on rotation;
- Liaise with management, recruitment teams and Head Office about Nutrition Project impact and operations;
- Prepare, organise, promote and participate in the Outreach, Workshops and Cultural/Social Events on a rotation basis;
You should be/have:
-Good written and spoken English
-Proven experience organising and leading people
-Experience working with NGOs/volunteers/young people
-Familiarity with project operation logistics
-Ability to organise and co-ordinate the day to day running of all projects and other activities involving the volunteers, project staff, other participants and the host community
-Administrative and time management skills
-Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills
-Pro-activity and decision making skills
-Emergency situation handling ability
- Demonstrable commitment to community work
- Physical fitness
- Ability to motivate others
- Resilient & mature, with the ability to work as a team
- Flexible approach
You will be employed on a 5 months contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
Salary & benefits
You will be paid a competitive salary as well as agreed day-to-day work-related expenses; the exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during the interview.
No calls, please. Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.