Vacancy for: e-Training Coordinator
Based: Cape Town
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world.
We have projects running in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re looking for an e-Learning design specialist to create and develop online training modules for volunteers and staff members across our offices and destinations worldwide.
Duties and Responsibilities of the role:
- Work across the organization to gather material (videos, photos, tips, quotes etc.) to use in the creation of e-training modules
- Recommend and create the best learning experience for both volunteers and staff
- Stay abreast of latest best practices in the field and develop continuously
- Have a University degree in Organisational Development, Education, Design or related field
- Be fluent in English (other languages would be an advantage, especially German, French and Mandarin)
- Have experience in e-learning authoring tools, ideally Articulate Storyline 2
- Have a working knowledge of LMS (advantageous)
- Have experience in e-learning authoring tools, such as , Moodle, VideoScribe etc.
- Have a background in design, IT (essential) or Education (advantageous)
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Be creative, self-reliant and flexible. You should be prepared to work in an office environment
This is a permanent position, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteer organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.