Digital Content Manager - South Africa
Vacancy for: Digital Content Manager
Based: Cape Town, South Africa
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
We’re expanding our digital content team in Claremont, Cape Town, and we’re looking for a Digital Content Manager to help promote our projects and the work done by our volunteers around the world.
This is a pivotal role in our global marketing and communication work, and has excellent scope for growth for someone with ideas, energy and a passion for digital marketing.
Working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager and our teams worldwide, you will help create and manage our global digital content. This will include:
- Ensuring that all our websites are up to date, including web copy, photos and videos
- Developing bi-weekly global content updates for the entire organisation
- Creating global campaigns that will appeal to a wide target audience across multiple channels
- Developing global content, such as news stories, blog posts, infographics and videos
- Monitoring various social media accounts and posting content on global issues
- Co-ordinating the tasks and work produced by several communication officers across the world
- Being the “go to” person for any digital content requirements from around the organisation
- Pitching ideas for new content and improvements to our websites
- Currently live in or near Cape Town
- Be a South African citizen, or hold a valid work permit
- Have a three-year university degree, preferably in journalism or a related field
- Have at least two years’ experience in a similar role or related industry
- Speak and write English to a native level
- Be an excellent writer and copy-editor
- Be reliable, pro-active and flexible
- Be interested in gaining experience in content creation and digital marketing
- Be interested in travel
- Enjoy working with people from all over the world
Contract, salary and benefits:
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and a personal interview.
Salary & benefits
- Competitive market-related salary
- 21 days leave a year
- International travel opportunities
Are you interested?
Great! We want to hear from you.
Please send us:
- A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
- A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role, and any links to examples of your work
Please combine the cover letter and CV into a single document (Word or PDF), and upload this to the online application form (by clicking on 'Apply' on this page).