Country Director - Samoa
Vacancy for: Country Director
Based: Apia, Samoa
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We run projects in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re looking for a Country Director to help plan, lead and coordinate the administrative, operational and strategic direction of Projects Abroad Samoa. The main objective of this position is to ensure Projects Abroad Samoa is properly managed and staff members are motivated so that it is a sustainable and viable destination offering worthwhile projects. This entails planning and strategically positioning Projects Abroad Samoa and offering exceptional services to all partners, thus ensuring continued improvement and growth. This role will lead to busy daily schedules with regular and large numbers of emails, Skype communication, placement and team meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute, along with team, an operational plan for Projects Abroad Samoa
- Manage, support and mentor staff and ensure quality outcomes to all partners
- Organise and coordinate office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency
- Maintain a strong and healthy working relationship with stakeholders such as Government Ministries, NGOs, etc.
- Ensure that the company is complying with all local laws and by-laws as stipulated in our operations terms of reference with authorities
- Liaise with partners and form strategic working relationships for the future growth and development of Projects Abroad Samoa
- Conduct periodic visits to placements and apartments, as well as the regional offices, for strategic relationship building
- Research and investigate new project areas for strengthening and diversity of projects
- Coordinate all human resources related functions (in coordination with HR Department / Head Office) such as recruitment, performance evaluation of staff, leave management, etc.
- Agree on monthly budget for programme and operational expenses with the Finance Director and Head Office
- Manage monthly budget
- Represent Projects Abroad Samoa at meetings, workshops, seminars, presentations, interviews as necessary
- Take disciplinary actions in consultation with Head Office and/or HR Department where necessary
- Any other duties assigned and directed by the Head Office Coordinator
- Have a University degree in Business Management, Administration, HR, Social Sciences, Law or any other related field
- Have 5 to 10 years' managerial experience
- Be fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office and the Internet
- Have proven ability to formulate and implement operational plans
- Have experience in project development and management
- Have experience in Human Resources management, office administration and strategic planning
- Have effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have had international exposure/ working experience with foreign nationalities (preferred)
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
The exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during one of the interviews.
Are you interested?
Great! We want to hear from you.
Please complete the application form and upload:
- A one-page cover letter, telling us why you’re perfect for this role
- A two-page CV, clearly outlining the experience or training relevant to this role