Content Creator - South Africa
Vacancy for: Content Creator
Based: Cape Town, South Africa
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We run projects in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re expanding our digital content team in Cape Town, and we’re looking for an enthusiastic writer who is looking to gain experience in digital marketing and content creation. This is an excellent opportunity to work for an international organisation with offices across the globe.
Working closely with our teams worldwide, you will help create and manage content for our US and Canadian websites. This will include:
- Ensuring that these websites are up to date, including web copy, pictures and videos
- Creating content campaigns that will appeal to a wide target audience across multiple channels, including video, banner advertising, pictures and referral marketing
- Developing email newsletters
- Selecting and creating social media content (especially for Facebook)
- Monitoring various social media accounts
- Writing press releases as well as brochures and other print materials
- SEO monitoring and improvement
- Currently live in or near Cape Town
- Be a South African citizen, or hold a valid work permit
- Have a three-year university degree, preferably in a field related to writing, marketing or digital media
- Speak and write English to a native level
- Be an excellent writer. Experience in online content creation would be preferable.
- Be reliable, pro-active and flexible
- Be interested in gaining experience in content creation and digital marketing
- Be interested in travel
- Enjoy working with people from all over the world
Contract, salary and benefits:
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and a personal interview.
Salary & benefits
• Competitive market-related salary
• 21 days leave a year
Are you interested?
Great! We want to hear from you.
Please send us:
• A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
• A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role
Please combine the cover letter and CV into a single document (Word or PDF), and upload this to our online recruitment system.